Height: 5 in
Width: 10 in
Note: Image Dimension: 4.5"h x 7"w
Black and white image of a group of kids sitting on a brick ledge, one standing, all overlooking the city.
Belknap park is the site of the city's first reservoir, built in 1874. Belknap Park was renamed in 1932 to honor Civil War veteran Capt. Charles Belknap. The park was further developed as part of a WPA project in the 1930s, and in the early 1960s, approximately 2 million cubic yards of earth were removed from the park and used for freeway construction through downtown