Whitefish Pte. Lighthouse 1849
Height: 16.5 in
Width: 18 in
Winter scene of a house and lighthouse. white with red roofs
Whitefish Point is known as the graveyard of ships as more vessels have lost there than in any other part of the lake. Hundreds of vessels, including the famed Edmund Fitzgerald, lie on the bottom of the bay and the approaches. This light has shined onto the big lake unfailingly for almost 150 years except for the night the Fitzgerald went down, making it the oldest active light on Lake Superior.