From Princeton, Illinois
"Immke opened his first Princeton photography studio in 1866. His photography work was predominately portraits as well as local and area scenes. In 1957 the Bureau County Historical Society museum became the custodian of his glass plate negatives, photographs and photography equipment. His glass plate collection numbers approximately 20,000 which includes the entire archive of Immke’s studio portrait work as well as his field work and other personal family images. The images contained in this collection are important cultural documents of Illinois and surroundings sites during the second half of the 19th century."
Related objectUntitled (Seated Boy with Standing Girl)